Thursday, August 21, 2014

“To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” – Danny Kaye

It is a couple days before I depart for Morocco where I will be studying abroad at Al Akhawayn University for four months and I cannot help but feel nervous. This will be the first time I am without family abroad, and the longest time I will be away from home. Although I am used to moving around and transferring schools, I have always had a constant variable: my family. I hope that when I study abroad, I will be able to create a new constant: myself. I have been told not to make homes out of people or places, and I hope that through self-growth and adventure, I will realize that I am home, and wherever I go, I do not need to worry.

Morocco is not a typical destination students’ choose to study abroad. I chose to apply to study there because I wanted to go to an Arab country, live in a country that does not have English has its official language, and to immerse myself in a unique culture and history.


I am excited to document and reflect on my experiences and adventures in Morocco through this blog. It is crazy to think that on Sunday I will be on my way to the “Kingdom of the West”.

No comments:

Post a Comment